There are many different recipes to make your meal healthy and easy to prepare and nutrition bowls are on top of all. Salad bowls, buddha bowls, smoothie bowls, and fruit bowls are the trending meal options that most health and fitness enthusiasts prepare and consume. These nutrition bowls are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrates, and fats. They are not just good for health but also tasty for the palate. Individuals can add and subtract ingredients are per their choice, requirement, and taste.
Now let’s get a highlight of the various healthy nutrition bowls that are mentioned above:
- Salad bowls: Salad bowls are simple, convenient to prepare bowls that include a large portion of raw or par-cooked vegetables with some mild spices and salad dressing. Salad bowl can also consist of cold pasta with vegetables and cream sauce. For variety in your salad bowl try to use different vegetables and bring a twist of flavour in your salad dressings.
- Buddha bowls: Buddha bowls are very tummy filling bowls because they include a portion of cereals, a portion of pulses, a portion of dairy product and also some portion of fruits and vegetables. It is a complete meal that can satisfy your hunger pangs and boost up your system.
- Smoothie bowls: Smoothie bowls are basically pureed fruits with some serving of nuts, seeds and berries. The base ingredient of a smoothie bowl is banana. Along with banana any seasonal fruit can be taken and crushed into a smooth paste after which it can be topped with chai, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds or nuts. It is a complete fiber rich bowl and a great meal to start your day with.
- Fruit bowls: These are juicy-licious bowls prepared using fresh fruits, packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates. Fruit bowls should be prepared using seasonal and local fruits to make them cost effective.
Things to be considered when we prepare our nutrition bowl:
- While preparing buddha bowls include ¼ portion of boiled, steamed or sauteed vegetables, ¼ portion of dairy i.e., panner, tofu or cheese, ¼ portion of cereal and pulses like rice and chickpeas and ¼ portion of seasonal fruits.
- To get the best smoothness and consistency in your smoothie bowl chop your banana and seasonal fruit, place them in the refrigerator, take it out of refrigerator half and hour before preparation and then blend it into your heavenly fruity smoothie.
- The portion of banana should be half of the other fruit that is to be taken for the preparation of your smoothie.
- Make your salad bowl colourful using different vegetables. Make use of greens, red, yellow and whites. E.g., red cabbage, cherry tomato, carrot, yellow and red pepper, baby corn, raw papaya and much more.
- Use home-made dressings, sauces and chutneys to restrict the amount of sodium and sugar intake.
- To make the consistency of a smoothie more fluid like you can add in coconut water or plain water.
All age groups can enjoy these nutrition bowls only specific things can be taken into account if the patient has any history of a serious disease.
Now time for some healthy nutrition bowl recipe:
Recipe: healthy Jamun smoothie bowl
Ingredients: Jamun (java plum)
1 tsp water
- Chop one banana and remove the seeds of 8-10 jamuns.
- Freeze these chopped fruits for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove from refrigeration half an hour before preparation.
- Take them into a mixer and blend it all to a fine paste.
- * During the above step you can add in your favourite nuts and oats to the mix. I added some almonds.
- Now pour the smoothie into a bowl and decorate it with berries, nuts and seeds.
Your delicious and nutritious smoothie bowl is ready.
home-based customized diet plan for weight loss or weight gain starting from 299 per month www.sastadiet.com visit for more information Home